Recipes as seen on TV’s “What’s Cookin” with Lyn Nichols.
This apple crisp is extremely tasty and thanks to ground flax, it may contribute to the health of your heart.
Use apples or pears.
- 6 cups fresh sliced Braeburn Apples, or your favorite apple
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a baking dish, coated with nonstick spray, and toss gently to coat.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- Add cornstarch mixture to apple mixture and toss well to coat.
- Combine flax, remaining cinnamon, brown sugar, and oats in a separate bowl. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping golden brown.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
Yield: Serves 8