Our Top Products
Amazing Flax Cookbook
The Amazing Flax Cookbook is great for flax-based recipes and meal plans of all types and calorie levels with countless wonderful recipes.Shop Now >
Flax: A Healthy Choice
Flax seed has been used in the diets of humans for thousands of years. The Babylonians cultivated flax seed as early as 3,000 B.C., and millennia later, in 650 B.C., Hippocrates used flax seed for the relief of intestinal discomfort. Flax seed was so important for the health of his subjects that the 8th century king, Charlemagne, passed laws and regulations governing its consumption. Today, consumers are turning to flax seed for its many health benefits and pleasant, nutty flavor a distinctive addition to baked products. flax seed provides essential nutrients, including protein, essential fatty acids, and vitamins and minerals; and it contains both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber. Moreover, flax seed is a rich source of lignans, a type of phytoestrogen. Phytoestrogens are compounds that may protect against certain types of cancer by interfering with the effects of estrogen.
OMEGA FLAX SEED
A North Dakota State University research project led to the development of a new golden variety of flax seed named Omega. This new variety was created primarily as a human food source and Omega flax seed has a more pleasant nutty-buttery flavor than the brown flax. Omega flax seed was named for its higher level of omega-3 essential fatty acid found in the beneficial flax seed oil which is a higher percentage than the brown flax. This golden flax seed also has a hull that is easier to grind and it looks much better than the brown flax seed when mixed into your favorite flax seed recipes.Click here for Flax Seed Recipes
Healthful Flax Cooking
Sometimes, in our fast-paced lives, we tend to forget the simple pleasures of fresh homemade flax cookies, or the delicious smell of flax bread baking in the oven. In our constant quest for healthy eating and living, it’s important to remember the joy of preparing good food for those we love.
With that in mind, we thought you might like to look through a few of our favorite flax recipes. If you have any suggestions for us, or maybe have a flax recipe of your own that you think we might like to try, send us an email! Until then, to your good health…”
In The News
- BLESSED CHRISTMAS WISHES AND A FLAX HEALTHY NEW YEAR - Christmas blessings from Golden Valley Flax with therapeutic flax pax and free bag of flax.
- Happy Easter from Golden Valley Flax - Happy Easter from Golden Valley Flax. Boost your immune system health with heart healthy flax and a great recipe to celebrate the joy of Easter morning.
- Flax Strengthens Immune System - Banana nut flax muffins by the Flax Lady. Golden Valley Flax recipe for muffins strengthens immune system which helps fight against covid-19.
- Golden Valley Flax and the Fight Against Covid-19 - Golden Valley Flax strengthens your immune system to fight against covid-19. Esther Hylden, RN tells how flax favorably affects immune system cells
- Golden Valley Flax Enhances Your Immune System Health - Scientific medical studies indicate that flax strengthens the immune system. A strong immune system is needed to fight against viruses such as covid-19
- Golden Valley Flax fights against colds and flu - Golden Valley Flax strengthens immune system and fights against colds and flu according to Harvard Medical School report.
Featured RecipeTropical Mango Smoothie
Thanks for your prompt service. I had heard about flax’s health benefits, but had never tried any. Today I recommend flax to anyone with cholesterol problems. Now my doctor reminds me to stay on my flax.
Your customer for LIFE,
– JN South Dakota
Thank you for introducing me to your flax seed. Not only can I not imagine my morning oatmeal without it, but it has helped me in several health related areas.
– DS Minnesota
First off, let me say that you grow a wonderful flaxseed. I was first introduced to flax seed last July. My wife and I both now eat your flaxseed daily.
– TF CaliforniaRead all customer testimonials