Our Top Products
Amazing Flax Cookbook
The Amazing Flax Cookbook is great for flax-based recipes and meal plans of all types and calorie levels with countless wonderful recipes.Shop Now >
Flax: A Healthy Choice
Flax seed has been used in the diets of humans for thousands of years. The Babylonians cultivated flax seed as early as 3,000 B.C., and millennia later, in 650 B.C., Hippocrates used flax seed for the relief of intestinal discomfort. Flax seed was so important for the health of his subjects that the 8th century king, Charlemagne, passed laws and regulations governing its consumption. Today, consumers are turning to flax seed for its many health benefits and pleasant, nutty flavor a distinctive addition to baked products. flax seed provides essential nutrients, including protein, essential fatty acids, and vitamins and minerals; and it contains both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber. Moreover, flax seed is a rich source of lignans, a type of phytoestrogen. Phytoestrogens are compounds that may protect against certain types of cancer by interfering with the effects of estrogen.
OMEGA FLAX SEED
A North Dakota State University research project led to the development of a new golden variety of flax seed named Omega. This new variety was created primarily as a human food source and Omega flax seed has a more pleasant nutty-buttery flavor than the brown flax. Omega flax seed was named for its higher level of omega-3 essential fatty acid found in the beneficial flax seed oil which is a higher percentage than the brown flax. This golden flax seed also has a hull that is easier to grind and it looks much better than the brown flax seed when mixed into your favorite flax seed recipes.Click here for Flax Seed Recipes
Healthful Flax Cooking
Sometimes, in our fast-paced lives, we tend to forget the simple pleasures of fresh homemade flax cookies, or the delicious smell of flax bread baking in the oven. In our constant quest for healthy eating and living, it’s important to remember the joy of preparing good food for those we love.
With that in mind, we thought you might like to look through a few of our favorite flax recipes. If you have any suggestions for us, or maybe have a flax recipe of your own that you think we might like to try, send us an email! Until then, to your good health…”
In The News
- Flaxseed helps you to breath in country fresh air - Flaxseed Helps Suppress Lung Cancer Cells. We all enjoy a breath of fresh air. Flaxseed helps you breathe by promoting lung health. Now recent medical research studies by Dr. Katie Reindl from NDSU and Dr. Melpo Christofidou-Solomidou from the U of Penn indicates that flaxseed can be very beneficial in the fight against lung cancer. […]
- Flaxseed for healthy diet reported by Harvard - Flaxseed is an excellent food source for beneficial omega-3 EFA’s, it has the greatest amount of cancer fighting lignans plus flax has the highest amount of fiber, both soluble and insoluble. Recent Harvard Medical School study reports on health benefits derived from a good diet.
- Golden Valley Flax helps women age gracefully - Golden Valley Flax health benefit found in Weill Cornell Medical Study. Flax credited with better brain activity as a measure of improved health that could reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Brain Power with Golden Valley Flax - Flax is shown to be a great food to boost the health of your brain. Cognitive Fitness is the focus of a Harvard Medical School Study that outlines twelve steps to improve your mind. Golden Valley Flax is a part of five of those twelve steps.
- Labor Day Fun With Flax and Family - Family Fun Time As Flax Helps with Mental Health We wanted to share some good news with you from the heart and from great medical studies. It’s easy to say Happy Labor Day…or Happy Birthday…or have a good day. However, sometimes having a “good day” just isn’t that easy. Sometimes we call this “the blues”, […]
- Golden Valley Flax fights against inflammatory diseases - Golden Valley Flax can help fight against many diseases. Recent Harvard Medical study shows that flax fights inflammatory diseases.
Featured RecipeTropical Mango Smoothie
Thanks for your prompt service. I had heard about flax’s health benefits, but had never tried any. Today I recommend flax to anyone with cholesterol problems. Now my doctor reminds me to stay on my flax.
Your customer for LIFE,
– JN South Dakota
Thank you for introducing me to your flax seed. Not only can I not imagine my morning oatmeal without it, but it has helped me in several health related areas.
– DS Minnesota
First off, let me say that you grow a wonderful flaxseed. I was first introduced to flax seed last July. My wife and I both now eat your flaxseed daily.
– TF CaliforniaRead all customer testimonials