- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Recipe used with permission from Flax Your Way to Better Health by Jane Reinhardt-Martin, RD, LD
- 4 cubed beef steaks (4 ounces each)
- Seasoned flour (1/2 cup flour, ½ tsp. pepper, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, salt to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1-15 ounce jar small whole onions, drained
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup burgundy
- 1 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Dredge beef in seasoned flour, place in a medium skillet, add butter, and cook till lightly brown.
- Place in ungreased 8×8 inch square baking dish.
- In medium bowl, add remaining ingredients, and mix together.
- Pour ingredients over beef.
- Cook covered in 350 F. oven for 30-40 minutes, or until sauce in slightly thickened and beef in tender.
- Serve with noodles or mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories -271
- Fat- 11g
- Carbs- 5g
- Omega3 Fats- 1039mg
- Calcium 32 mg
- Protein 32g
- Cholesterol 82 mg
- Sodium- 198mg