Jarrod says, “They’re great! Even the parts between the chocolate chips!”
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add cream shortening and sugars.
- Add vanilla and beaten eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, chocolate chips and ground flax. Add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from sheet and cool.
Yield: 48 cookies
Used with permission from Flax Family Favorites, from the Flax Council of Canada.