- 1 1/3 cups butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 1/3 cups ground flaxseed
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 3 cups oatmeal
- In a bowl, cream butters and sugars; add flaxseed.
- In another bowl beat eggs and vanilla together, combine with flax mixture.
- Sift together the flour and soda. Mix in oatmeal and combine with other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Form into balls, slightly flatten and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 13-15 minutes (depending on your oven, I bake them for 11 minutes)
- Remove from sheet and cool.
Recipe used with permission from the Flax Council of Canada.