This is a wonderful recipe, given to me by my daughter-in-law Emily, the only problem I have is that it is hard to eat just one!
- 1 2/3 cups quick rolled oats to cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup ground flax tsp salt tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 cups dried fruits, nuts and whole flax
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or another nut butter (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp melted butter or oil cup honey
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp water Preheat oven to 350 F.
Line an 8 X 8 pan in one direction with parchment paper, allowing it to go up on the opposing sides. Spray with Pam. Stir together the dry ingredients, including the fruit, nuts and whole flax. In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Toss the wet ingredients with the dry (and peanut butter) until the mixture is evenly crumbly. Spread in pan, pressing firmly. ( a piece of plastic wrap may help with this) Bake bars for 30-40 minutes. Cool completely. Once cool, cut with serrated knife. If too crumbly, chill further in fridge for 30 minutes.
Mark and Esther Hylden, Golden Valley Flax.