- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup ground Golden Valley Flax
- 1 cup nut butter (I used crunchy peanut butter)
- ¼ cup honey
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Add-ins: dark chocolate chips, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, dried fruit, chia seeds.
- In a food processor, add the oats and process until coarsely chopped. If you don’t have a food processor coarsely chop the oats in a blender or food grinder and add to a bowl.
- Add the ground Golden Valley Flax, nut butter, honey, vanilla and salt. Process/mix until the mixture comes together into a soft but not overly sticky ball.
- If the mixture is overly dry, add nut butter or honey, one tablespoon at a time and process/mix until the consistency is soft but not overly sticky or crumbly.
- Remove the blade from the food processor, if using. Add any add-inn ingredients, and mix with your hands until evenly combined. This is a good time for the kids to “help!”
- Roll the dough into balls (you can also use a small cookie scoop) and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet or tray. Refrigerate until firm enough to stack in a lidded container of in a bag.
The Best Ever Energy Bites can be frozen for several months or refrigerated for a week or so. Of course, that has never happened in my house…because they always get eaten in the first 24 hours!
Related Flax Recipes
Our Farm Fresh Flax Products
Flax Information You Might Like
For more information about Golden Valley Flax abd the flax products we provide, please call us at 1-888-694-8322 or fill out our contact form.